THURSDAY GAZEBO SERIES
Bring your blankets, lawn chairs, and the entire family for FREE live entertainment on the lawn of the Ellicottville Village Gazebo. The 2017 Series will be held each Thursday (and a few non-Thursdays) from 7-9pm through Aug. 12. For confirmation of dates and performances, head to www.ellicottvilleny.com.
• June 29: The Buffalo Five featuring Carolyn Lansom
• Saturday, July 1: Theresa Quinn Trio
• July 6: Miller and the Other Sinners
• July 13: Black & Blues Band
• July 20: Old Hippies
• July 27: Black Rock Zydeco
• Aug. 3: Lady Rush & the Vinyls
• Friday, Aug. 11: Shake on the Lake, presented by the Cattaraugus County Arts Council
EDDIE SZPAICHER GOLF CLASSIC
WEDNESDAY, JULY 12
DOUBLE BLACK DIAMOND GOLF COURSE @ HOLIDAY VALLEY
While Ellicottville, NY is mostly known for being a quaint ski village, many also know Ellicottville for its character (not to mention slew of characters.) One of those characters, Eddie Szpaicher, was loved and respected by countless, and he left some pretty large shoes to fill after his passing back in 2012. As a tribute to ‘Big Eddie’, friends and family assemble each summer to present the Eddie Szpaicher Golf Classic. This year’s big event will be held Wednesday, July 12 at Holiday Valley. Proceeds will go to the ‘Ed Szpaicher Scholarship Fund’ which will be given to two ECS seniors to put towards their education. Go to bigedgolf.com for more details, or call Jay Stoddard, 716-397-3711.
EVL TRAIL RUNS @ HOLIDAY VALLEY
SUNDAY, JULY 23
The 2017 EVL-4 and EVL-9 Trail Runs kick off from venerable Holiday Valley Resort once again sending runners deep into technical trail running territory. Starting and finishing at Holiday Valley’s Mountain Sports Center, runners from several surrounding states toe the line for one of the most demanding trail races in the region. Plenty of parking and restrooms on site. Race-day registration welcome. T-shirts to all pre-registered by July 17 and as they last day-of. A terrific post-race lunch and party rounds out this amazing day of competition.
• EVL-4: A 4.3-mile single lap trail race featuring one water station around resort trails and roughly 700 vertical feet of climbing, single track, double track, trail descents and rock gardens. 10am start.
• EVL-9: The grandaddy features 9.9 miles of trail running including double track, some gravel, tight-twisty single track and rock gardens using the same start/finish as its 4-mile cousin. Roughly 1,200 feet of climbing using resort trails and State land trails. The EVL-9 is an intermediate/advanced level trail with many technical single track sections. 9:30am start.
• NEW FOR 2017: The first 350 participants are guaranteed a 2017 finisher’s medal proving they do not fear the mountain. A beautifully crafted 3D medal including the current race logo is sure to be a collector’s item.
• POST-RACE POOL PARTY! All entrants are invited to the Holiday Valley Pools after the awards ceremony. 1/2 price pool entry coupons will be given to those interested at the race. Great food, drinks and poolside fun awaits! Registration, pricing, and other additional details can be found at heartrateup.com.
JAZZ & BLUES WEEKEND
Wander through the village and take in a weekend-long extravaganza of soulful Jazz
and Blues music.
Some of the region’s top musicians will be performing in a variety of venues in Ellicottville!
Make Madigan’s one of the top stops on your list come Saturday, July 29 when they host live performances by Q-Funk from 2-5pm followed by the Mick Hayes Blues Band from 6-9pm.
Head street-side both Saturday and Sunday afternoon with performances on the Monroe Street Mainstage in front of the Winery of Ellicottville.
Find the full line-up of this year’s Jazz & Blues entertainment, along with a complete list of festivals hosted throughout the year, at www.ellicottvilleny.com
. Book your stay at one of the many accommodations available and enjoy the entire weekend!