Authentic Essential Oils
Essential oils have the power to cleanse the body and rejuvenate and elevate the mind. Here at Nature’s Remedy in Ellicottville, we use certified organic oils, organically grown oils and wild-harvested oils from Nature’s Sunshine. They are committed to ensuring the absolute purity of all their oils with the ability to trace each bottle back to the exact distiller, farmer and even plant from which the oil originated. Aromatherapy is an excellent modality to add to your natural health program for healing, balancing, preventing and nurturing your whole body!
FASCINATING ESSENTIAL OIL FACTS
1. The size of Essential Oils is less than 500 atomic mass units, allowing them to cross the blood brain barrier and affect every cell of the body … VERY quickly.
2. Essential oils carry a very strong resonance of the plant they come from because of their ability to contain an electrical frequency. This strong resonance changes the energetic vital force of any living being.
3. The aromatic molecules of essential oils enter the cilia in the nose and are transported to the limbic part of the brain responsible for survival instincts, emotional control and memories, therefore positively affecting behavior, mood and brain function.
4. The essential oils can travel to any part of the body for anti-microbial, detoxifying, calming/soothing and revitalizing properties.
The oils we are using can be categorized into six groups.
• Citrus oils: Lemon, Pink Grapefruit, Bergamot and Red Mandarin.
• Herbal oils: Wild Oregano, Wild Sweet Thyme, Sweet Marjoram, Patchouli, Lemongrass and Clary Sage.
• Floral oils: Lavender, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, Rose, Neroli, Roman Chamomile and Helichrysum.
• Spice oils: Cinnamon Leaf and Clove Bud.
• Wood oils: Frankincense, Wild Myrrh and Sandalwood.
• Cool oils: Tea Tree, Peppermint, Eucalyptus, Pine Needle and Wild Rosemary.
• Oil Blends: INSPIRE (Uplifting), CORE (Balancing), BREATHE DEEP, REFUGE (Calming), RECOVER (Soothing), CHANGES (Women’s Health), ESSENTIAL SHIELD and TEI-FU.
7 PRACTICAL APPLICATIONS FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Massage, Reflexology and Acupressure
Add any individual oil or blend of oils to our Carrier Oil* for massage therapy or other therapeutic touch modalities. 12 drops of oil per ½ oz of Carrier Oil. Also massage chosen oils directly onto the hands and feet at the points correlating with the body. (See simple Reflexology Charts).
C.S. uses 10 drops of Lemon and 10 drops of Peppermint to 1 oz. of Carrier Oil applied to the lower abdomen twice per day for spasms related to constipation, nervous tension and IBS. J.C. uses Lavender and Roman Chamomile on the bottom of his son’s feet every night before bed to calm his hyperactivity and promote restful sleep.
Baths and Showers
Pain relieving bath: Add 5 drops of RECOVER (Wintergreen, Camphor, Rosemary cineole, Cajeput, Siberian Pine, Clove, Helichrysum, Juniper Berries, Peppermint and Frankincense) and ½ cup of Bentonite Clay to a hot bath for the relief of pain and inflammation.
Place 3 drops of INSPIRE (Pink Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon, Spearmint, Peppermint, Cinnamon bark, Bergamot, Ginger and Vanilla) or REFUGE (Lavender, Orange, Cedarwood, Ylang Ylang, Blue Tansey and Vanilla) on a washcloth and place the washcloth on the bottom of the shower and breath in its vapors. After the shower place one more drop in a small amount of jojoba oil to moisturize your body.
Boil a pot of water, then remove from the stove. Add 1 drop of Sweet Thyme oil and 3 drops of Rosemary oil (or 5 drops of Tei fu oil only) to the water. Cover your head with a towel and breathe in the vapors of the oils for 20 minutes.
K.B. uses Sweet Thyme and Wild Rosemary during respiratory stress to decrease pressure in her sinuses, prevent a sinus infection and open up her congested lungs.
Check out our array of essential oil diffusers used to disperse oils into the air of your home, car or workplace. Used to affect the mood, to cleanse the air and as an alternative to toxic air fresheners. Take advantage of our FREE Beginner’s Package to assess the essential oils that work for you.
S.J. shared that since she has eliminated all chemical air fresheners, perfumes and toxic cleaning products while adding Bergamot oil to her diffuser throughout the day, she has experienced improved lung function and a better mood.
Spritzers & Roll Ons
Add 10 drops of Tei fu oil and 5 drops of Lemongrass to 4 oz. of distilled water or Nature’s Fresh* as a bug spray and bug bite remedy.
As a practitioner, J.P. added 7 drops of Helichrysum into a roll on bottle with Nature's Fresh* as the carrier for the removal of a soft tissue cyst on a man's hand. Applied daily for 30 days.
Essential oils can be applied directly to the skin (AKA Neat) for wounds and burns that are healing, injuries, accidents and post-surgery. Try each essential oil on healthy skin first to avoid sensitive reactions. If the skin is sensitive, use the Carrier Oil. 5 drops of Lavender oil is especially great for healing burns and cuts. Helichrysum is great for shock and trauma. Frankincense oil is extremely healing for all skin problems and as an anti-aging/anti-wrinkle remedy. Add 3 drops to your chemical-free facial lotion.
L.H. used 1 drop of Helichrysum on her daughter’s stubbed toe (pain) followed by inhalation of CORE (Cedarwood, Spruce, Ho wood, Blue Tansy, Frankincense and Roman Chamomile) to provide relief and calming to the shock effect of trauma.
Prevention of fleas and ticks for dogs: Add 20 drops Lemongrass, 20 drops Geranium, 10 drops Wild Thyme, 5 drops Lemon, 5 drops Eucalyptus and 2 drops Patchouli into a spray bottle with 1-¼ cups of Nature’s Fresh*. Make sure to also use under the legs, behind the ears and on the tail.
*Carrier Oil = Omega 6 oils (Sunflower, Safflower, Grapeseed and Olive oils) with Vitamin E oil to help protect and nourish the skin.
*Nature’s Fresh = Plant Enzyme Spray
Visit us at Nature’s Remedy on 26 Monroe Street and ask for any of the following five packages:
• FREE Beginner’s Package: Online Essential Oils questionnaire, Essential Oils BioScan and Essential Oils testing with individual oil profiles. Fun at our counter!
• Aromatherapy Consultation ($25): Individualized Aromatherapy Program for your body, home, car and workplace. 30 minutes.
• Authentic Touch ($75 for July and August (normally $89): Application of 13 different essential oils to the spine and other therapeutic points with the addition of CranioSacral Therapy while lying on far infrared heat. 1 hour.
• Essential Oil Classes ($10/class): Friday, July 10 and Friday, August 14 at Nature’s Remedy in Ellicottville from 6:30-7:30pm. Learn about the oils, how to use them and great stories of how they’ve worked for every day concerns.
• Business Consultations ($25): Learn how to add essential oils to any practice or business.
Cordyceps Sinensis: Rejuvenating Chinese medicinal mushrooms for stamina and longevity Read more
Provide supplementation for the protection of your heart and blood vessel function Read more